Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Finding me...



In the rising sun
And interrupted dreams
On cold morning floors
And running tap water
In quiet tea cups
And agonizing yoga poses

In hurried breakfasts
And on narrow winding roads
In incomplete projects
And stubborn writer’s block
In heavy lunch packs
And bad tasting coffee
In tired drives back home
And at long traffic signals
In slow evening dog walks
And during endless dinner menu discussions
In the incessant Whatsapp pings
And on hot chappathi tawas
Between forced playtime sessions
And on the ironing table
In peaceful green tea cups
And incessant innocent questions
On the lonely warm bed
And in the chilly breeze from the AC
Squeezing in a bit of me into every chore
Searching for my soul in life’s little challenges
Finding me day after day
Even when I feel inundated
Realizing that it gets harder everyday
Yet not wanting to change a thing

No comments:

Post a Comment